In Silico Studies: Virtual Screening Of The Compound Of Sea Fan (Gorgonia Mariae) As Antiasthmatic
Sterol is a secondary metabolites for a group of steroids that can treat a disease caused by synergistic effect between compound of metabolite with polyvalent activity. Sea fan (G. mariae) has a major compound (sterol) that has been used by the society of Maluku, Indonesia as an asthma substance but needs research done because it has not been reported widely and only empirical data from the society. For that, virtual screening is a necessary using the in silico method as a first step in determining the effectiveness and predicting the value of free energy bonding (ΔG), inhibition contents (Ki), interaction of amino acid residue using Autodock Tools 4.2, Lipinski Rule of Five and pre-ADMET in determining absorption, distribution and toxicity. The result showed that 24-methyl cholesterol had a value of ΔG (-9.98 kcal/mol) and Ki (48.26 nM), where the value of ΔG were smaller than salmeterol as a comparative drug. Prediction of oral drug candidate is a not eligible because the of Log P should not be >5 (Log P = 7.635). The value of absorption (HIA = 100% ; Caco-2 = 51.404 nm sec-1) and toxicity (there are no risk of mutagenic and carcinogenic). Thus, compound of the 24-methyl cholesterol from G. mariae are potentially as asthma medications but cannot be administered oral.
2. Kokke W.C.M.C, Bohlin , Fenical W, Djerassi C. Novel dinoflagellate 4α-methylated sterols from four caribbean gorgonians. Phytochemistry 1982 ; 21(4):881–7.
3. Rizki M.I, Chabib L. Nabil, A. dan Yusuf B. Tanaman dengan Aktivitas Anti-Asma. J Phamasciesnce 2015;3(1):1–9.
4. Reo A.R, Berhimpon S, and Montolalu R. Study Program of Aquatic Science, Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science, Sam Ratulangi University Manado. http://pasca.unsrat.ac.id/s2/ipa/ 2 Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science, Sam Ratulangi University Manado. 2017; 5(1):42–8.
5. Okechukwu P.N, Ekeuku S.O. In vivo and In vitro Anti-Asthmatic Effects of Dichloromethane Crude Extract from the Leaves of Labisia pumila. Global Journal of Pharmacology 2012; 6(1):126–30.
6. Godfrey S. What is asthma? Arch Dis Child. 1985; 60(11):997–1000.
7. Carima A. Studi Penggunaan Obat Golongan β 2 -AGONIS PADA PASIEN ASMA (Penelitian dilakukan di Instalasi Rawat Jalan Paru RSUD Dr. Soetomo Surabaya). 2016;
8. RCSB Protein Data Bank. Available from: https://www.rcsb.org/structure/5nra (Accassed on December 8, 2020).
9. Mazur M, Olczak J, Olejniczak S, Koralewski R, Czestkowski W, Jedrzejczak A, et al. Targeting Acidic Mammalian chitinase Is Effective in Animal Model of Asthma. J Med Chem. 2018; 61(3):695–710.
10. PubChem. Available from: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ (Accassed on December 15, 2020).
11. pre-ADMET. Available from: http://preadmet.bmdrc.kr/adme/ (Accassed on December 15, 2020).
12. Graaf de C, Vermeule N. P. E, Feenstra K.A. Cytochrome P450 in Silico: An Integrative Modeling Approach. J Med Chem. 2005 Apr;48(8):2725–55.
13. Nursamsiar, Toding A. T, Awaludin A. Studi In Silico Senyawa Turunan Analog Kalkon dan Pirimidin sebagai Antiinflamasi: Prediksi Absorpsi, Distribusi, dan Toksisitas. Pharmacy. 2016; 13(1):92–100.
14. Soorya R, Dhamodaran P, Rajesh K. R, Duraisamy B. In Silico Studies of The Secondary Metabolites of Solanum Torvum SW. For Teir Antiasthmatic Activity. Int J Curr Pharm Res. 2017; 9(4):38.
15. Puspaningtyas A. R. Molecular Docking Using Molegro Virtual Docker (MVD) on Water Extract of Guava Fruit (Psidium Guajaya, Linn) and Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis, peels) as Inhibitor on Enzyme Tyrosinase as Positive Control of Whitening Agent. Jkti 2013; 15(1):31–9.
16. Lipinski CA. Lead- and drug-like compounds: The rule-of-five revolution. Drug Discov Today Technol 2004; 1(4):337–41.
17. Lipinski Rule of Five. Available from: http://www.scfbio-iitd.res.in/software/drugdesign/lipinski.jsp#anchortag (Accassed on December 15, 2020).
18. Megantara S, Levita J, Iwo MI, Ibrahim S. Absorption, distribution and toxicity prediction of andrographolide and its derivatives as anti-HIV drugs. Res J Chem Environ. 2018; 22(Special Issue 1):82–5.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).