Online ISSN: 2320-4850
CODEN (CAS-USA): AJPRHS
- Focus and Scope
- Peer Review Process
- Open Access Policy
- Publication Frequency
- Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
- Guide to Reviewers
- Policy statement – Human and Animal Rights
- Policy statement – Conflict of Interest
- Policy statement – Informed Consent
- Screening for plagiarism
- Article Processing Charges(APC) and Waiver Policy
FOCUS AND SCOPE
Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development is a peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the publication of research papers, reviews, mini-reviews, Short communications and case studies.
This publication is aimed at a broad, interdisciplinary audience of academic and industrial researchers actively engaged in basic and applied laboratory practice, related to Pharmaceutical Science and Therapeutics.
The journal covers:
(medicine, surgery, ophthalmology, gynecology and obstetrics, pediatrics, orthopedics, microbiology, pathology and laboratory medicine, medical education, medical ethics, community medicine and public health, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology).
(Biotechnology, Biochemistry, DRA, Phytomedicine /Ayurveda, Pharmaceutics, Drug Delivery, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Analysis)
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
This journal follows double-blind peer review system. All submissions will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. All manuscripts will be acknowledged upon presenting to the Journal office, provided that all stated requirements are met. All manuscript subjected to preliminary review by editorial team before sending it to the reviewers for review. Authors are encouraged to suggest names of two expert reviewers, but the selection of reviewer will depend on the decision of Editors. Review process depends on receiving reviewers comments and revision of manuscript by authors must adhere to the comments provided by reviewers. Authors have the right to communicate to the editor if they do not wish their manuscript to be reviewed by a particular reviewer because of potential conflicts of interest. No article is rejected unless negative comments are received from at least one reviewer.
Approximately 60 percent of submitted manuscripts are accepted for publication.
Authors should expect to hear the results of the manuscript peer review within 5 weeks from the date of submission. Authors receive the reviewers’ comments and are often asked to revise the manuscript in line with the reviewers’ and/or editor’s suggestions within 4 weeks. If the revised article is accepted for publication, the editor then determines the journal issue in which it will appear. Accepted articles will usually appear in the next issue of the journal.
Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development bimonthly journal (6 issue/year). We always publish every issue timely since starting of this journal. Issue schedule is 15-Feb, 15-April, 15-June, 15-August, 15-Oct and 15-December in every year for issue 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 respectively.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
This Journal provides an OAI-PMH(Open Archives Initiatives Protocol for Metadata Harvesting) interface for metadata harvesting. We fully support and implement the OAI version 2.0, which comes in a standard XML format.
PUBLICATION ETHICS AND MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
Publication ethics and malpractice statement of this journal, adapted from and based on guidelines provided by Committee on publication ethics (COPE). (http://publicationethics.org) and International Committee for Medical Journal Editor (ICMJE) http://www.icmje.org/
Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development is a peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the publication of research papers, reviews, mini-reviews, Short communications and case studies.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Open Office, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Manuscripts should be written as per instructions provided in Authors Guidelines section and accompanied by a covering letter stating the originality and significance of the submitted manuscripts.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Numbers of Authors: Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to conception, design, execution or interpretation of the reported study.
- If at any point, the author(s) discovers a significant error in submitted manuscript, then the error or inaccuracy must be reported to the editor.
- The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
- The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included on the paper and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
- Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
- If the work involves chemicals, procedures or equipment that have any unusual hazards inherent in their use, the author must clearly identify these in the manuscript.
- Reviewers should keep all information regarding papers confidential and treat them as privileged information.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively, with no personal criticism of the author.
- Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
- Reviewers should also call to the Editor in Chief's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Editorial Staff’s responsibilities
- The editor is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published.
- Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
- An editor at any time evaluates manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
- The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
- Disclosure and conflicts of interest:
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
To maintain the relationship with editors and parties involved in the publication and should support the editorial decisions and should work in the way to achieve the publication goal set by the editor.
To maintain the confidentiality of author and his/her research work.
Maintain the policies
To promote and encourage policies regarding journals ethics, authorship, editorial independence, conflict of interest, research funding, review system and process.
Corrections, Retractions, Republication, and errors
To publish corrections, clarification, retractions whenever required. Publication should be done on the timely basis to achieve timeliness of publishing schedule of the journal.
Honest errors are a part of science and publishing and require publication of a correction when they are detected. So Correction, Retractions, Republication, and errors are handled as per standards prescribed by IJMJE
What to do if case of redundant (duplicate) publication
- Suspected redundant publication in a submitted manuscript
- Suspected redundant publication in a published article
What to do if case of suspect plagiarism
- Suspected plagiarism in a submitted manuscript
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/02A_Plagiarism_Submitted.pdf )
- Suspected plagiarism in a published article
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/02B_Plagiarism_Published.pdf )
What to do if case of fabricated data
- Suspected fabricated data in a submitted manuscript
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u7140/Flowchart%20Fabricated%20A%20revised%20May%202011.pdf )
- Suspected fabricated data in a published article
If Changes in authorship
- Corresponding author requests addition of extra author before publication
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/04A_Author_Add_Submitted.pdf )
- Corresponding author requests removal of author before publication
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/04B_Author_Remove_Submitted.pdf )
- Request for addition of extra author after publication
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/04C_Author_Add_Published.pdf )
- Request for removal of author after publication
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/04D_Author_Remove_Published.pdf )
- Suspected guest, ghost or gift authorship
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/04E_Author_Ghost_Guest_Gift.pdf )
- Advice on how to spot authorship problems
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/04F_How_to_spot_author_problems.pdf )
- What to do if a reviewer suspects case of undisclosed conflict of interest (CoI) in a submitted manuscript
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/05A_CoI_Submitted.pdf )
- What to do if a reader suspects case of undisclosed conflict of interest (CoI) in a published article
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/05B_CoI_Published.pdf )
- What to do if case an ethical problem with a submitted manuscript
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/06_Ethics_Submitted.pdf )
- What to do if case of reviewer has appropriated an author’s idea or data
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/07_Reviewer_misconduct.pdf )
- How COPE handles complaints against editors
( http://publicationethics.org/files/u7140/Flowchart%20Complaints%20revised%20Apr%2012.pdf )
GUIDE TO REVIEWERS
Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development team value reviewers’ recommendations and our systems are designed to make reviews easier for them to accept articles for review, complete their reviews and provide rapid feedback.
Confidentiality is very important in all aspects of the reviewing cycle; we expect the highest standards of professional behavior from all our reviewers. Author data must be kept securely until discarded by electronic shredding. Manuscript be written in high quality English and be justified. It is essential that all reviewers declare any conflicts of or completing interests.
Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development considers the following article types: Research article, Review, Mini Review, Case study, Editorial, Letter to Editor, Short communication, Book Review.
Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development reviewing system provided following separate sections for authors and editor in which reviewers will post comments after review has been completed.
Recommendations to the editor:
These comments are confidential. Only the Editor-in-Chief and/or Executive Editor will have access to this. We recommend that the space to be used to report any serious concern about the study directly to the senior editors.
Recommendations to the authors:
This is the main peer-review reporting area. This section is visible for authors as well as for editor-in-Chief. Reviewer can leave their detailed comments in this section after review.
It will be very useful if the reviewer divided his/her review report into sub-sections (e.g. abstract, introduction…etc.) and commented on each of them independently.
It may help our authors if these questions are answered:
- Is the title of paper within the scope of the journal?
- Is the rationale for this work well stated?
- Are the objectives clearly stated?
- Are assumptions described and their reasonableness supported or rejected?
- Are limitations and uncertainties in the data and analyses given?
- Were alternative hypotheses and interpretations adequately considered?
- Are the results presented in an objective, unbiased fashion?
- Are the conclusions supported by the data?
- Is the writing clear, concise and precise?
- Are the results are original?
- Are the results are significant?
- Are the references citation pattern is perfect?
- Are the figures/illustrations/tables relevant?
- Are tables, figure captions/legends appropriate?
Comments on the statistics
This section can be used to comment on the statistical analysis of the study. The reviewer should highlight the fact that the manuscript may require review by a statistician, if appropriate.
Recommendation by reviewers
Accept (Accept as it is, no changes)
Revision required (author must respond comments provided and resubmit the revised manuscript within given period of time. Revised manuscript will be accepted or again will be sent to reviewer)
See comments (Author must respond the given comments. Editor will take the appropriate decision after receiving the revise article as per comments provided)
Decline (article has low standard as compare to scientific requirement of journal)
Editors-in-Chief will invite journal and/or external 'peer reviewers' by an automated time-lined email system. Reviewers will receive an email invitation to review a manuscript with the manuscript abstract. If a reviewer is able to complete the 'peer review', he/she may log in to the reviewers page to gain full access to the manuscript. If the reviewer is unable to review the manuscript they may use the decline link within the invitation email to decline the invitation allowing another reviewer to be selected in a timely manner.
Once an invitation is accepted, the reviewer will have access to the whole manuscript and any supplementary information. Reviewers must read the whole submission. Reviews may only be submitted on-line within our time lined 'peer review' system which is generally 4 weeks.
POLICY STATEMENT – HUMAN AND ANIMAL RIGHTS
Any investigations involving humans and animals should be approved by the Institutional Review Board and Animal Care Committee, respectively, of the institution where the study took place. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development will not consider any studies involving humans or animals without the appropriate approval. If no formal ethics committee is available, the authors should indicate whether the procedures were compliant with the Helsinki Declaration as revised in 2008. Informed consent should be obtained, unless waived by the Institutional Review Board, from patients who participated in clinical investigations. Human subjects should not be identifiable, such that patients' names, initials, hospital numbers, dates of birth, or other protected healthcare information should not be disclosed. If experiments involve animals, the research should be based on national or institutional guidelines for animal care and use. Original articles submitted Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development that address any investigation involving humans and animals should include a description about whether the study was conducted under an approval by the Institutional Review Board (with or without patient informed consent) and animal care committee, respectively, of the institution where the study was conducted.
POLICY STATEMENT – CONFLICT OF INTEREST
All Authors publishing in Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development must declare all financial disclosures and conflicts of interest in the article file of manuscripts submitted for publication.
For more information on Conflict of Interest, see the guidelines from the ICMJE.
POLICY STATEMENT – INFORMED CONSENT
All human studies submitted for publication in Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development require informed consent and ethics committee approval. If waiver of consent was granted by the ethics committee in the case of retrospective studies not impacting on patient confidentiality or patient rights, this must be clearly stated in the cover letter and manuscript.
SCREENING FOR PLAGIARISM
The journal staff has a policy of screening for plagiarism. All articles in this publication are original: the content (either in full or in part) in each article has not been knowingly republished without specific citation to the original release. Plagiarism checker is applied randomly to the majority of the papers submitted.
Submission charges: No submission charges
ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGES(APC) AND WAIVER POLICY
Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Development is an Open Access journal. Publishing an article in this Journal requires Article Processing Charges that will be billed to the submitting author following the acceptance of an article for publication. Apart from these Article Process Charges, there are no submission charges, page charges, or color charges. The fees to be paid following the acceptance of an article are indicated below:
1750 Indian Rupees/article and 300 Rupees /publication certificate for Indian Authors
Total Rupees without Publication certificate 1750/- with Publication certificate 2050/-
USD 45/article for Authors from Low-Income Countries.
USD 55/article for Authors from Low-Middle Income Countries.
USD 65/article for Authors from Upper-Middle-Income Countries
USD 95/article for Authors from High-Income Countries. (No other hidden charges)
WAIVER POLICY AS PER WORLD BANK COUNTRY CLASSIFICATION
We provide a waiver of Article Processing Charges to authors based on country classification by World Bank
We can also waive 100% in some special condition depend on if there is no funding and author not able to charge any fees. In order to apply for a waiver, please request one before submitting your manuscript by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Author(s) requesting for waiver must strongly demonstrate why their waiver applications should be granted.
- Request for a waiver must be sent same day a manuscript is submitted to email@example.com.
- Waiver request should contain the following information
- We reserve the right to approve or reject a waiver application. Waiver decision will be communicated to the corresponding author within one week after the application is received.