Simultaneous Determination of Amlodipine and Valsartan in Tablet By UV Spectrophotometry With Successive Ratio Method
Objectives: This study aims to develop a spectrophotometric method by successive ratio method in simultaneous determination of AML and VLS on tablet preparations without separation.
Methods: This study aims to develop a spectrophotometric method by successive ratio method in simultaneous determination of AML and VLS on tablet preparations without separation and then tested for validity based validation parameters, namely linearity, accuracy, precision, LOD and LOQ and intraday and interday. Then, this method was applied to determine the levels of AML and VLS on dosage tablet.
Result: Manipulating the ratio spectra of the binary mixture allowed their determination at 358,4 nm and 247,4 nm and in the concentration ranges of (4-12 µg/mL) and (6-18 µg/mL) for amlodipine and valsartan, respectively
Conclusion: The successive ratio method can be used to determine the levels of a mixture of amlodipine and valsartan drugs.
2. RI Ministry of Health. Indonesian Pharmacopoeia. Jakarta: Indonesian Ministry of Health. 2020; 6:122-123, 1764-1766.
3. Hajian, R., and Afshari, N. The Spectrophotometric Multicomponent Analysis Of A Ternary Mixture of Ibuprofen, Caffeine And Paracetamol By The Cambination Of Doble Divisor-Ratio Spectra Derivative And H- Point Standard Addition Method. E-J.Chem. 2012; 9(3):1153-1164.
4. Harmita. Method Validation and Implementation Guidelines How Calculations. Maj Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2004; I(3):117-35.
5. Becker, N., Foresti, G. R., Almeida, W. R., Nicorena, K. F., Ferrao, M. F., and Silva, F. E. B. Simultaneous Determination of Valsartan, Amlodipine Besylate, and Hyfrochlorothiazide in Tablets by Near Infrared. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciene. 2017; 7(11):74-75.
6. Celebier, M., Kaynak, M. S., Altinoz, S., and Sahin, S. HPLC Method Development for the Simultaneous Analysis of Amlodipine and Valsartan in Combined Dosage Forms and In Vitro Dissolution Studies. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2010; 46(4):762-763.
7. Emam, A. A., Abdelaleem, E. A., Naguib, I. A., and Abdallah, F. F. Successive Ratio Subtraction as a Novel Manipulatio of Ratio Spectra for Quantitative Determination of a Mixture of Furosemide, Spironolactone and Canrenone. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 2017; p 4-6.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).