Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Syrup
The cough it is a most common problem are face by the all people. There are two types of cough one is the Dry cough and second is wet cough. The dry cough is a no mucous and secretion while in wet cough there is cough mucous or secretion. The syrup is most commonly used and popular dosage form there is used in cure the cough and cold because it having ease of patients compliance. The herbal cough syrup was formulated using crude drugs as Pudina&Tulsi or Cinnamon as a main ingredient along with Honey. Today syrup is used for treatment of May ailments and to overcome symptoms of disease. The antioxidant syrup is used to treatment the cancer because of many stress condition and other oxidative reaction in body the free radical are generated by using theses, syrup the condition is overcome. Formulation at laboratory scale was done and evaluate for number of parameters such as PH, viscosity, Density, stability testing during evaluation formulation found to be stable and ready to use in a cough treatment.It is found that Antitussive activity produced by the Herbal formulation in the minimum dose was much better than the standard drug.
2. C.G.BUTLER .C.O. JefferandH. Kalmsted Experimental S and D.B.V college Received 4Jully1943.
3. Kaushik , A ; Chavhan , v : Sudha, (2016) Formulation and Evaluation of herbal cough syrup, EJPMR, 3(5),517-522.
4. Akula , N.P. subramanyam. K. V. Sanym .p,Karthik.s.Madhuri , J. Mounika, G and Tamkanat.f (2017).
5. Mujawar, F.P.Patil, M.K , sawale. J(2016) Formulation and Evaluation of herbal cough syrup form some Herbs used as expectorant WJPPS, 2 (5),3848-3833.
6. Lachman L. Lieberman HAKanig JL. The Theory and practice of Industrial pharmacy.3rdedition Bombay; Varghese publishing House;1987-457p.
7. Carte SJ. Dispensing for pharmaceutical students. 12th edition. New Delhi; CBS publisher and Distributors;2000.67p.
8. Ghiware N.B ; Gattani S.G, Chalikwar SS. Design Development and Evaluation of Piper nigrum and Nyctantherarbortristis. International journal of Pharma Jech Research;2010 ;2(1);171-176.
9. Ansel HC Allen LV. Pharmaceutical dosage form and drug delivery systems. 7th edition Lippincott;2000-347-356p.
10. Stability Testing for new Dosage forms QIC. (TCH), International conference on Harmonization 1996.
11. A.V. Sharma and p.v Sharmaflavouring agent in pharmaceutical formulations a overview article Ancient science of life.
12. EizbietaHazar and Alicjawodinika a determination of ethanol content in medicated syrup by static headspace Gas Chromatography Received by 2013.
13. A Text Book of Pharmacognosydr.c.kKokate, s.bGokhale,A.PPurohit by eight addition a drug pudina page no.9.102.
14. A Text Book ofPharmacognosy Dr. C. K.kokateS.B Gokhale A.P Purohit by eight addition a drugTulsi Page no.9.82.
15. A Text Book of PharmacognosyDrC.K.KokateS.B Gokhale A.P. Purohit by eight addition a drug cinnamon Page no.9.118.
16. A Text Book of PharmacognosyDrC.K.KokateS.B.GokhaleA.P.pirohitby eight addition a drug Honey Page no.9.166.
17. Azwanida NN faculty of Agriculture food and Rural Development AFRD by a Received 11June2015.
18. Nambiar V.S andMetala H (2012) potential functions of lemon Grass cymbopogoncitratus in Health and Disease IJPBA 1035-1043.
19. AnkushGanpatPatil. KavalyaGajananMirajakar. Somesh SS Shintre pharmaceutical department (aoverview of innovative science and Research Technology date 6june2020.
20. Thomsen. M. PhytochrapyDesk reference Michael Thomsen 2005.
21. Swain Pramod Kumar, and NayakDurgaprasan. International journal of Ayurvedic medicine ,2013,4(4),374-378.
22. AnkushGanpatPatil. KavalyaGajananMirajakar. Somesh SS Shintre pharmaceutical department aoverview of innovative science and technology date 6june2020.
23. More NH and Hajare AA practical physical pharmacy 3rded2016. Career pablicationpp12,13,142.
24. Hossain.M. TandHoqM.O(2016). Therapeutic uses of cinnamon AJAMBR,156-163.
25. Dr. Javesh. K. Patil, Dipali M. Mali andKomal.R.Jain. formulation and Evaluation of herbal cough syrup word Journal of pharmaceutical Research article on 13/4/2019.
26. Swain Pramod KumarNayakDurgaprasan. International journal of Ayurvedic medicine,2013,4(4) 374,374-378.
27. AnkushGanpatPatil. KavalyaGajananMirajakar, somesh SS Shintre pharmaceutical department aoverview of innovative science and research technology date 6june2020.
28. Maity. T. K. Mandal SC , pal M . Assessment of Antitussive activity of ovimansactumfood extract, Indian, Nal prod 2004,20(2),23,8.
29. Sampath Kumar K. P. Debijit, B. C, Tiwari P andKharel, R(2010) Indian traditional herbs AdhatodoVacica and Medicinal application JOCPR.2040-2045.
30. Anu Kaushik Vivek , Chauhan and Dr. Sudha formulation and Evaluation of herbal cough syrup. European Journal of pharmaceutical and medical Research 2016:3(5):517.522.
31. https://theherbalacademy.com/herbalsyrup .
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).