Liposomes –A Overview
Liposomes are sphere-shaped vesicles made up of one or more bilayers of phospholipids. The ability of delayed vesicles to transport medications, vaccines, diagnostic specialists, and other bioactive operators has accelerated development in the liposomal drug delivery system. The liposomal delivery system's pharmacyelements and pharmacokinetics properties have been altered, resulting in a higher therapeutic index and lower overall toxicity. There are many factors to consider, including size, size distribution, surface electrical potential, lamella count, and encapsulation efficacy. The use of surface modification in the development of liposomes with various mechanisms, kinetic properties, and biodistribution was discovered to be beneficial. Drug delivery, drug targeting, controlled release, and improved solubility have all been studied extensively with liposomes.
2. Uhumwangho M.U, Okor R.S. Current trends in the production and biomedical applications of liposomes: A review. J Med Bio Res. 2005; 4 (1): 9-21.
3. Gupta M, Vishwakarma A. An Updated Review On: Liposomes a drug Carrie. Asian J Pharm Edu Res.2018; 7(3):18-34.
4. Bunker A,Magarkar A, Viitala T. Rational design of liposomal drug delivery systems, a review: Combined experimental and computational studies of lipid membranes, liposomes and their PEGylation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016; 2334–52.
5. Popovska O, Simonovska J, Kavrakovski Z, Rafajlovska V. An overview: Methods for preparation and characterization of liposomes as drug delivery systems. Int J Pharm Phytopharm Res. 2013; 3 (3):182-89.
6. Mishra H, Chauhan V, Kumar K, Teotia D. A comprehensive review on Liposomes: a novel drug delivery system. J Drug Deliv Thera. 2018; 8(6):400-4.
7. Arpita1 S, Kumar S.V, Amresh G. Liposomes: A review. Int J Ind Herbs Drugs. 2020;6(6):1–6.
8. Verma A.K, Sachan A.K, Kumar S, Singh N, RaiA. K. Liposomes: An Advance tools for novel drug delivery system. Int Res J Pharm Appl Sci. 2014; 4(1):74-7.
9. Pradhan H, Kumar N, Saha S, Roy A. Liposome: Method of preparation advantages, evaluation and its application. J Appl Pharm Res. 2015; 3 (3):1- 8.
10. Satyavathi K, Bhojaraju P, Srikranthi M,Sudhakar P. Formulation and in-vitro evaluation of liposomal drug delivery system of cabazitaxel. J Pharm Drug Deliv Res. 2015; 4(2):1-5.
11. Subramanian L, Rani A.M, Rajasekaran T, Ramanathan M, Solairaj P. Formulation and in-vitro evaluation of liposomal drug delivery system of metformin HCl. J Drug Deliv Thera. 2019; 9(2):31-7.
12. Laouini A, Maalej J.C, Blouza L.I, Sfar S,Charcosset C, Fessi H. Preparation, characterization and applications of liposomes: State of the art. J Colloid Sci Bio.2012;1(1):147– 68
13. Akbarzadeh A, Sadabady R.R, Davaran S, Joo S.W, Zarghami N, Hanifehpour Yet al. Liposome: Classification, preparation, and applications. Nano Res Letters. 2013; 8(102):1-9.
14. Dwivedi C, Yadav R, Tiwari S.P, Satapathy T, Roy A. Role of liposome in novel drug delivery system. J Drug Deliv Thera.2014; 4(2):116-29.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).