Parkinson Disease: A Review
Parkinson disease is a neurodegenerative progressive disorder which caused due to increase level of Ach and lack of dopamine inside the brain. The dopaminergic cell death were found inside the brain in case of Parkinson disease. It’s a type of motor deficiency disease. Many symptoms like bradykinesia, tremor, postural instability, loss of sense of smell etc. are arises in Parkinson disease and there is no specific cure for Parkinson. A molecular biomarker is important to find because it differentiate the Parkinson from other disease and this disease mainly consultant by the neurologist. The management and treatment of Parkinson disease is based on some drugs, like levodopa, dopamine agonist, MAO-beta inhibitor, CoMT inhibitors and many more. They are used with or without in combination and Parkinson include various risk factor like herbicides, pesticides, metal exposure etc. Various type of surgical approaches. Deep brain stimulation are good for Parkinson patients. Nicotine, caffeine, hormone replacement therapy are the some protective factors which overcome the chances of Parkinson disease.
2. Alexoudi A,Alexoudi I,Gatzonis S, Parkinson's disease pathogenesis, evolution and alternative pathways: A review. Revue neurologique. 2018 Dec
3. Kabra A,Sharma R,Kabra R,Baghel US, Emerging and Alternative Therapies For Parkinson Disease: An Updated Review. Current pharmaceutical design. 2018
4. FahnS . The 200-year journey of Parkinson disease: reflecting on the past and looking towards the future. Parkinsonism RelatDisord 2018;46:S1–5.doi:10.1016/j.parkreldis.2017.07.020
5. Langston JW . The MPTP story. J Parkinsons Dis 2017;7:S11–19.doi:10.3233/JPD-179006 G
6. Polymeropoulos MH et al . Mutation in the -synuclein gene identified in families with Parkinson's disease. Science 1997;276:2045–7
7. GolbeLI , Di Iorio G , Sanges G , et al . Clinical genetic analysis of Parkinson's disease in the Contursi kindred. Ann Neurol 1996;40:767–75.
8. GrattonC,KollerJM,ShannonW,GreeneDJ,SnyderAZ,PetersenSE,PerlmutterJS,Campbell MC, Emergent Functional Network Effects in Parkinson Disease. Cerebral cortex (New York, N.Y. : 1991). 2018 Jun 6
9. Braak H, Bohl JR, Müller CM, et al. Stanley Fahn Lecture 2005: The staging procedure for the inclusion body pathology associated with sporadic Parkinson's disease reconsidered, MovDisord, 2006, vol. 21 (pg. 2042-2051)
10. Chung KK, Zhang Y, Lim KL, et al. Parkin ubiquitinates the alpha-synuclein-interacting protein, synphilin-1: implications for Lewy-body formation in Parkinson disease, Nat Med, 2001, vol. 7 (pg. 1144-1150)
11. Hagan, J. J., Leslie, R. A., Patel, S., Evans, M. L., Wattam, T. A., Holmes, S., et al. (1999). Orexin a activates locus coeruleus cell firing and increases arousal in the rat. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 96, 10911–10916. doi: 10.1073/pnas.96.19.10911
12. Imperatore, R., Palomba, L., and Cristino, L. (2017). Role of Orexin-a in hypertension and obesity. Curr. Hypertens. Rep. 19:34. doi: 10.1007/s11906-017-0729-y
13. Takahashi, Y., Kanbayashi, T., Hoshikawa, M., Imanishi, A., Sagawa, Y., Tsutsui, K., et al. (2015). Relationship of orexin (hypocretin) system and astrocyte activation in Parkinson’s disease with hypersomnolence. Sleep Biol. Rhythms 13, 252–260. doi: 10.1111/sbr.12112
14. Clairembault, T., Kamphuis, W., Leclair-Visonneau, L., Rolli-Derkinderen, M., Coron, E., Neunlist, M., et al. (2014). Enteric GFAP expression and phosphorylation in Parkinson’s disease. J. Neurochem. 130, 805–815. doi: 10.1111/jnc.12742
15. Rappold, P. M., and Tieu, K. (2010). Astrocytes and therapeutics for Parkinson’s disease. Neurotherapeutics 7, 413–423. doi: 10.1016/j.nurt.2010.07.001
16. Obeso, J. A., Rodríguez-Oroz, M. C., Benitez-Temino, B., Blesa, F. J., Guridi, J., Marin, C., et al. (2008). Functional organization of the basal ganglia: therapeutic implications for Parkinson’s disease. Mov. Disord. 23, 548–559. doi: 10.1002/mds.22062
17. Nagai, Y., Ueno, S., Saeki, Y., Soga, F., Hirano, M., and Yanagihara, T. (1996). Decrease of the D3 dopamine receptor mRNA expression in lymphocytes from patients with Parkinson’s disease. Neurology 46, 791–795. doi: 10.1212/WNL.46.3.791
18. Caronti, B., Antonini, G., Calderaro, C., Ruggieri, S., Palladini, G., Pontieri, F. E., et al. (2001). Dopamine transporter immunoreactivity in peripheral blood lymphocytes in Parkinson’s disease. Neural. Transm. 108, 803–807. doi: 10.1007/s007020170030
19. Chung, E. J., Kim, E. G., Bae, J. S., Eun, C. K., Lee, K. S., and Oh, M. (2009). Usefulness of diffusion-weighted MRI for differentiation between Parkinson’s disease and Parkinson variant of multiple system atrophy. J. Mov. Disord. 2, 64–68. doi: 10.14802/jmd.09017
20. Burke, W. J. (2003). 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetaldehyde: a potential target for neuroprotective therapy in Parkinson’s disease. Curr. Drug Targets CNS Neurol. Disord. 2, 143–148. doi: 10.2174/1568007033482913
21. Elbaz, A., and Tranchant, C. (2007). Epidemiologic studies of environmental exposures in Parkinson’s disease. Neurol. Sci. 262, 37–44. doi: 10.1016/j.jns.2007.06.024
22. Estupinan, D., Nathoo, S., and Okun, M. S. (2013). The demise of Poskanzer and Schwab’s influenza theory on the pathogenesis of Parkinson’s disease. Parkinsons Dis. 2013:167843. doi: 10.1155/2013/167843
23. Ehgoetz Martens KA,ShineJM,WaltonCC,GeorgiadesMJ,GilatM,HallJM,MullerAJ,SzetoJYY,Lewis SJG, Evidence for subtypes of freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease. Movement disorders : official journal of the Movement Disorder Society. 2018 Jul
24. Chung SJ,YooHS,LeeHS,OhJS,KimJS,SohnYH,Lee PH, The Pattern of Striatal Dopamine Depletion as a Prognostic Marker in De Novo Parkinson Disease. Clinical nuclear medicine. 2018 Aug 27
25. Lauretani, F., Saginario, A., Ceda, G. P., Galuppo, L., Ruffini, L., Nardelli, A., et al. Treatment of the motor and non-motor symptoms in Parkinson’s disease according to cluster symptoms presentation. Curr. Drug Targets 2014; 15:943–947
26. Goldenberg, M. M. (2008). Medical management of Parkinson’s disease. P T 33, 590–606.
27. Lees AJ, Stern GM. Sustained bromocriptine therapy in previously untreated patients with Parkinson's disease, J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 1981; 44:1020-1023
28. AscherioA , Schwarzschild MA . The epidemiology of Parkinson's disease: risk factors and prevention. Lancet Neurol 2016; 15:1257–72.
29. Breckenridge CB , Berry C , Chang ET , et al . Association between Parkinson's disease and cigarette smoking, rural living, well-water consumption, farming and pesticide use: systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS One 2016;11:e0151841.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).