Qualitative and Quantitative Screening of Phytochemicals in Polar and Non Polar Solvent Extracts of Stem Bark and Leaves of Saraca Indica
The present work can serve as a valuable source of information and provide appropriate standards to establish the quality of this plant material in future prospective study. From the results it is evident that the bark and leaves of Saraca indica contain a significant amount of phytochemicals viz. alkaloid, flavonoids, phenolic, saponins and tannin. The bark of Saraca indica contained relativelely higher amounts of phytochemicals than leaves. The comparative analysis of phytochemicals viz. total alkaloids, flavonoids, phenols, saponins and tannins in different solvent extracts from bark and leaves of Saraca indica
2. Begum SN, Ravikumar K, Ved DK.(2014): „Asoka‟ –an important medicinal plant, its market scenario and conservation measures in India. Current Science. 107(1):26-28.
3. Mishra A, Kumar A, Rajbhar N, Kumar A. Phytochemical and pharmacological importance of Saracaindica. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Chemical Science. 2013; 2(2):1009-1013.
4. Mollik MAH, Hossan MS, Paul AK, Taufiq-Ur-Rahman, Jahan R and Rahmatullah M. A Comparative analysis of medicinal plants used by folk medicinal healers in three districts of Bangladesh and inquiry as to mode of selection of medicinal plants. A Journal of Ethnobotany Research & Applications. 2010; 8:195-218.
5. Prajapati ND, Purohit SS, Sharma AK, Kumar TA. Hand Book of Medicinal Plants. 1st ed. Agrobios, India. 2003, 460-461.
6. P. Pradhan, L. Joseph, V. Gupta, R. Chulet, H. Arya, R. Verma, A. Bajpai, Saracaasoca (Asoca): A Review, JOCPR, 2009, Vol 1, pp62-71.
7. Srivastava GN, Bagchi GD , and , Srivastava AK, Int. J. Crude Drug Res., 1988. 26(2), 65.
8. MiddelkoopTB, Labadie RP. Int J Crude Drug Rec., 1986 , 24(1), 41-44.
9. S. Singh, T.H. Anantha Krishna, S. Kamalraj, “G.C. Kuriakose” and “J.M. Valayil”, C. Jayabaskaran, Phytomedicinal importance of Saracaasoca (Ashoka) an exciting past, an emerging present and a promising future, Current Science., 2015, Vol 109 (10), pp1790-1801.
10. Pradhan ,P JosephL , Gupta V , Chulet R , Arya H ,Verma R, Bajpai A. A Review journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research., 2009, 1(1), 62-71.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).