A Short Review on Cefueoxime Axetil Tablet
Cefuroxime axetil is a broad-spectrum antibiotic with a simple pharmacokinetic profile. The medicine treats otitis media, pharyngitis, sinusitis, CAP, and acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis effectively and well. Cefuroxime axetil was beneficial in intravenous/oral sequential therapy for CAP, but dosage recommendations are not accessible in some countries. Cefuroxime axetil may be used to treat community-acquired infections, including those caused by -lactamase-producing respiratory bacteria. In an era of rapidly growing bacterial resistance, empirical treatment with cefuroxime axetil may assure the proper use of newer antibacterial medicines, reducing bacterial resistance to these drugs.
2. Mandell GL, Petri WA: Antimicrobial agents: Penicillin, cephalosporins, and other ]3-1actam antibiotics. In Hardman JG, Limbird LE (eds): Goodman and Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 9th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996, pp 1074-1076.
3. Kees F, Lukassck U, Naber KG, Grobccker H: Com parative investigations on the bioavailability of cefuroxime axetil. Arzneim Forsch, 1999; 41:843-846.
4. Ginsburg CM, McCracken GH, Petruska M, Olson K: Pharmacokinetics and bactericidal activity of cefuroxime axetil. Antimicrob Agents Chemother,1985; 28:504-507.
5. Finn A, Straughn A, Meyer M, Chubb J: Effect of dose and food on the bioavailability of cefuroxime axetil. Biopharm Drug Dispos 1987; 8:519-526.
6. Mackay J, Mackie AE, Palmer JL, et al.: Investigations into the mechanism for the improved oral systemic bioavailability of cefuroxime from cefuroxime axetil when taken after food. Br J Clin Pharm 1992; 33:226 P-227P.
7. Foord RD: Cefuroxime: Human pharmacokinetics. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1976; 9:741-747.
8. Perry CM, Brogden RN: Cefuroxime axetilmA review of its antibacterial activity, pharmacokinetic properties and therapeutic efficacy. Drugs 1996; 52:125-158.
9. Konishi K, Suzuki H, Hayashi M, Saruta T: Pharmacokinetics of cefuroxime axetil in patients with normal and impaired renal function. J Antimicrob Chemother 199331:413-420.
10. Glaxo Wellcome, Inc.: Cefuroxime Axetil. Package Insert. Research Triangle Park, NC: Glaxo Wellcome, Inc., 1995.
11. McEvoy GK, Litvak K, Welsh OH (eds): Cefuroxime axetil (monograph). In: American Hospital Formulary Service Drug Information. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health System Pharmacist, 1997 pp 173-181
12. Neu HC, Fu KP: Cefuroxime, a [3-1actamase resistance cephalosporin with a broad spectrum of gram positive and negative activity. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 1978; 13:657-664,
13. Bradley JS, Kaplan SL, Klugman KP, Leggiadro RJ: Consensus: Management of infections in children caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae with decreased susceptibility to penicillin. Pediatr Infect Dis J,1995; 14:1037- 1041,.
14. Sweet RL, Gibbs RS: Antimicrobial agents. In: Infectious Diseases of Female Genital Tract. 3rd ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1995, pp 680-689
15. Vogel F, Droszcz W, Vondra V, Reisenberg K, Marr C, Staley H. Sequential therapy with cefuroxime followed by cefuroxime axetil in acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis. J Antimicrob Chemother 1997;40(6):863-7
16. Awuchi, Chinaza Godswill, Ikechukwu Otuosorochi Amagwula, Priyanka Priya, Roshan Kumar, Umama Yezdani, and Mohammad Gayoor Khan. "Aflatoxins in foods and feeds: A review on health implications, detection, and control." Bull. Environ. Pharmacol. Life Sci 2020; 9:149-155.
17. Umama, Yezdani, G. Venkatajah, Rav Shourabh, Roshan Kumar, Arvind Verma, Ayush Kumar, and Md Khan Gayoor. "Topic-The scenario of pharmaceuticals and development of microwave as; sisted extraction technique." World J Pharm Pharm Sci,2019: 8(7):1260-1271.
18. Kumar, Roshan, Purabi Saha, Priya Lokare, Kunal Datta, P. Selvakumar, and Anurag Chourasia. "A Systemic Review of Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi): Morphological Characteristics, Phytoconstituents and Therapeutic Applications." International Journal for Research in Applied Sciences and Biotechnology, 2022; 9(2):221-226.
19. Roshan, Kumar. "Priya damwani, Shivam kumar, Adarsh suman, Suthar Usha. An overview on health benefits and risk factor associated with coffee." International Journal Research and Analytical Review, 2020; 7(2):237-249.
20. Sahana, Soumitra. "Purabi saha, Roshan kumar, Pradipta das, Indranil Chatterjee, Prasit Roy, Sk Abdur Rahamat." A Review of the 2019 Corona virus (COVID-19) World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical science, 2020 ;(9):2367-2381.
21. Bind, Amit, Saumya Das, Veena D. Singh, Roshan Kumar, Anurag Chourasia, and Purabi Saha. "Natural Bioactives For The Potential Management Of Gastric Ulceration." Turkish Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation 32, no. 3.
22. Dubey, Anubhav, Priyanka Yadav, Preeti Verma, and Roshan Kumar. "Investigation of Proapoptotic Potential of Ipomoea carnea Leaf Extract on Breast Cancer Cell Line." Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics 12, no. 1 (2022): 51-55.
23. Nyarko, Richard Owusu, Amit Prakash, Nayan Kumar, Purabi Saha, and Roshan Kumar. "Tuberculosis a globalized disease." Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, 2021; 9(1):198-201.
24. Raj, A., S. Tyagi, R. Kumar, A. Dubey, and A. C. Hourasia. "Effect of isoproterenol and thyroxine in herbal drug used as cardiac hypertrophy." Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research (2021): 204-217.
25. Singh, Mukesh Kr, Ajay Kumar, Roshan Kumar, P. Satheesh Kumar, P. Selvakumar, and Anurag Chourasia. "Effects of Repeated Deep Frying on Refractive Index and Peroxide Value of Selected Vegetable Oils." International Journal for Research in Applied Sciences and Biotechnology (2022) ;93:28-31.
26. Sahana, Soumitra. "Roshan kumar, Sourav nag, Reshmi paul, Nilayan guha, Indranil Chatterjee. A Review on Alzheimer disease and future prospects." World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical science,(2020) ;9(9): 1276-1285.
27. Sahana, Soumitra, Roshan Kumar, Sourav Nag, Reshmi Paul, Indranil Chatterjee, and Nilayan Guha. "A Review On Alzheimer Disease And Future Prospects." (2020).
28. Nyarko, R. O., P. Saha, R. Kumar, I. Kahwa, E. A. Boateng, P. O. Boateng, A. Christian, and A. Bertram. "Role of Cytokines and Vaccines in Break through COVID 19 Infections." Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International, (2021); 33:2544-2549.
29. Nyarko, Richard Owusu, Edward Boateng, Ivan Kahwa, and Paul Owusu Boateng. "A comparison analysis on remdesivir, favipiravir, hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine and azithromycin in the treatment of corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19)-A Review." World J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci (2020); 9:121-133.
30. Kumar, Roshan, Purabi Saha, Priyatosh Pathak, Ramayani Mukherjee, Abhishek Kumar, and Rakesh Kumar Arya. "Evolution of Tolbutamide In The Treatment Of Diabetes Mellitus." Jour. of Med. P’ceutical & Alli. Sci 9.
31. Kumar, Roshan, Purabi Saha, Yogendra Kumar, Soumitra Sahana, Anubhav Dubey, and Om Prakash. "A Review on Diabetes Mellitus: Type1 & Type2." World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 9, no. 10 (2020): 838-850.
32. Daharia, Anju, Vinod Kumar Jaiswal, Kabya Pratap Royal, Himanshu Sharma, Anuj Kumar Joginath, Roshan Kumar, and Purabi Saha. "A Comparative review on ginger and garlic with their pharmacological Action." Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development (2022) ; 10(3):65-69.
33. Kumar R, Jain A, Tripathi AK, Tyagi S. Covid-19 outbreak: An epidemic analysis using time series prediction model. In2021 11th international conference on cloud computing, data science & engineering (Confluence) 2021; 28:1090-1094). IEEE.
34. Kumar, Ayush. "The Scenario of Pharmaceuticals and Development of Microwave Assisted Extraction Techniques." (2019).
35. Saha, Purabi, Richard Owusu Nyarko, Priya Lokare, Ivan Kahwa, Paul Owusu Boateng, and Christian Asum. "Effect of Covid-19 in Management of Lung Cancer Disease: A Review." Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, (2022) ;10(3):58-64.
36. Kumar, Roshan, and Purabi Saha. "A Review on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to Improve Cancer Management and Drug Discovery." International Journal for Research in Applied Sciences and Biotechnology,(2022) ; 9(3):149-156.
37. Kumar, S., S. P. Yadav, G. Chandra, D. S. Sahu, R. Kumar, P. S. Maurya, D. K. Yadav, V. JaiswaL, and K. Ranjan. "Effect of dietary supplementation of yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) on performance and hemato-biochemical status of broilers." (2019): 15-19.
38. Mukkamala, Ramesh, Roshan Kumar, Sanjay K. Banerjee, and Indrapal Singh Aidhen. "Synthesis of Benzyl C‐Analogues of Dapagliflozin as Potential SGLT2 Inhibitors." European Journal of Organic Chemistry, (2020); 9(3):1828-1839.
39. Anubhav, Saha Purabi Dubey, Kumar Dr Sanjay, and Kumar Roshan. "Evaluation of Enzyme Producing K. Pneumoniae and Their Susceptibility to Other Anti-Biotics." International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology,2022; 7(5):351-353.
40. Saha, P., Kumar, A., Bhanja, J., Shaik, R., Kawale, A. L., & Kumar, R. A Review of Immune Blockade Safety and Antitumor Activity of Dostarlimab Therapy in Endometrial Cancer. International Journal for Research in Applied Sciences and Biotechnology, 2022; 9(3):201-209.
41. Kumar, Roshan, E. Keshamma, Shravan Kumar Paswan, Purabi Saha, Utkarsh Trivedi, Anurag Chourasia, and Mihir Otia. "Alkaloid Based Chemical Constituents of Ocimum santum & Cinchona Bark: A Meta Analysis." Journal for Research in Applied Sciences and Biotechnology ,(2022) ; 1(2):35-42.
42. Singh, Yogendra, Shravan Kumar Paswan, Roshan Kumar, Mihir Kedarbhai Otia, Smita Acharya, Devinder Kumar, and E. Keshamma. "Plant & Its Derivative Shows Therapeutic Activity on Neuroprotective Effect." Journal for Research in Applied Sciences and Biotechnology, (2022) ;1(2):10-24.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).