Antagonistic Activity of Agaricuscampestris mushroom Extracts Against some Human Pathogenic Bacterial Species
The present study focused on the evaluation of Agaricuscampestris mushroom extracts activity against four clinical isolates Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aerginosa; Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus aureus. Agaricuscampestris mushroom extracts varied in their antimicrobial activity. The intensity of the antimicrobial effect is dependent upon the solvent , concentration of the mushroom extract and the organism being tested against .Therefore, The hot water and ethanolic extract 96%showed maximum inhibition at high concentrations specially at 500 mg/ml concentration( 17, 16, 19, 16 ) mm and ( 20,21,19,20) against E. coli , Pseudomonas aerginosa; Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus haemolyticus respectively compared with methanolic extract . The ethyl acetate extract of the powder mushroom of Agaricuscampestris was analyzed to 9 chemical compounds belonged to fatty acids and their derivatives and included :-Nonadecane, Pentacosane, Octadecane, Heptadecane, Heneicosane, Hexadecane, 2,6,10,14-tetramethyl, Butanoic acid, 3,7-dimethyl-6-octenyl ester, Phthalic acid mono-2-ethylhexyl ester ,, Octanoic acid, heptadecyl ester.
2. 2-Suntaxi, CS, ; Loja , SS. Antibacterial activity of the Agaricuspampeanus (Agaricaceae) ethanol extract against Enterococcus faecalis, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Actual. Biol. 2020; 42(113): 1‐10.
3. Waqas,Hm.; Akbar, M, and Iqbal, M.S. Antibacterial and Antioxidant Activities of Agaricus Bisporus (J.E. Lange) Imbach from Pakistan ,Bangladesh J. Bot.2019; 48(4):1075-1081.
4. Gargano ML, Van Griensven LJLD, Isikhuemhen O, Lindequist U, Venturella G, Wasser SP and Zervakis GI. Medicinal mushrooms: Valuable biological resources of high exploitation potential. Plant Biosyst.2017; 151: 548-565.
5. Dundar A, Okumus V, Ozdemir S, Celik KS, Boğa M and Ozcagli E. Determination of cytotoxic,anticholinesterase, antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of some wild mushroom species. CogentFood Agric. 201562: 1-9.
6. Salman,AH, Shafiq , SA and AboKsour, MF. Effect of Crude Filtrated Fungal Endophytes Isolated From Catharanthus Roseus Against Some Pathogens ,Biochem. Cell. Arch.2021; 21(1):1753-1758,
7. AboKsour,MF,Shafiq , SA and Salman,AH .2021effect Of Crude Filtrated Fungal Endophytes Isolated From Catharanthus Roseus Against Some Pathogens , Biochem. Cell. Arch. 2021;21(1):1753-1758,
8. 8-Risan, MH.;Sulaf. HT.; Athraa H. Muhsin and Hussan,SH. Antibacterial Activity Of Agaricus Bisporus And Pleurotus Ostreatus Extracts Against Some Gram Negative And Positive Bacteria, European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences,2017; 4(2):09-15.
9. Gebreyohannes, G.; Nyerere, A.; Bii , Ch. And Sbhatu , D.B.Determination of Antimicrobial Activity of Extracts of Indigenous Wild Mushrooms against Pathogenic Organisms, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2019; 6(3):1-11.
10. Magdziak Z, Siwulski M and Mleczek M, Characteristics of organic acid profiles in 16 species of wildgrowing edible mushrooms. J. Environ. Sci. Health. Part. B. 2017; 52:784-789.
11. Navarro MJ, Francisco J, Gea FG and González AJ. Identification, incidence and control of bacterialblotch disease in mushroom crops by management of environmental conditions.Sci Hort. 2018; 229: 10-18.
12. Fogarasi , M; Diaconeasa, Z.M. ; Pop, CR. ; Fogarasi,S. Semeniuc, CA. ; Farca, AC. and Socaci, SC. 2020. Elemental Composition, Antioxidant and Antibacterial Properties of Some Wild Edible Mushrooms from Romania, Agronomy, 10, 1972.
13. Yoon,B. K.; Jackman ,JA.; Valle-González, ER. and Cho, N. 2018. Antibacterial Free Fatty Acids and Monoglycerides: Biological Activities, Experimental Testing, and Therapeutic Applications, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2018; 19, 1114.
14. Yoon, BK.; Jackman, JA.; Kim, MC.; Cho, NJ.Spectrum of membrane morphological responses to antibacterial fatty acids and related surfactants.Langmuir,2015;31:10223–10232.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).