Determination of Iron Content, Potassium, Calcium, and Sodium In Chinese Date Fruit (Ziziphus Jujuba Miller.) Fresh and Boiled In Atomic Adsorption Spectrophotometry
Chinese dates fruit are generally used by the people of Indonesia as a fruit that has a fairly good nutritional value, namely every 100 g of Chinese dates fruit contain 79 kcal of energy, 1.2 g protein, 20.23 g carbohydrates, 250 mg potassium, 21 mg calcium, 23 mg. phosphorus, 0.5 mg iron, 3 mg sodium, 10 mg magnesium, 0.1 vitamin B6 and 69 mg vitamin C. Chinese dates fruit are foods that are rich in fiber, so they can lower blood cholesterol and cure chronic constipation. In addition, Chinese dates fruit are foods with good sources of potassium. Adequate potassium intake can lower blood pressure so that it can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. High iron content can also prevent anemia. The purpose of this study was to determine the differences in the content of iron, potassium, calcium, and sodium in fresh and boiled Chinese dates fruit fruit, and to determine the percentage decrease in levels after boiling.
The method used in this study included dry digestion, then quantitative analysis of iron, potassium, calcium, and sodium was carried out using the Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry (AAS) method, namely iron at a wavelength of 248.3 nm, for potassium 766.5 nm, to calcium 422.7 nm, and sodium 589.0 nm.
The results showed that the iron content in fresh Chinese dates fruit fruit was (0.6687 ± 0.0084) mg/100 g and boiled (0.3285 ± 0.0127) mg/100 g. Potassium levels in fresh Chinese dates fruit fruit (657.9024 ± 0.4713) mg/100 g and boiled (158.6504 ± 0.2510) mg/100 g. Calcium levels in fresh Chinese dates fruit fruit were (47.3501 ± 1.1630) mg/100 g and boiled (26.3968 ± 0.5922) mg/100 g, and sodium levels in fresh Chinese dates fruit fruit (16.1272 ± 0.1543) mg/100 g and boiled at (13.4048 ± 0.1973) mg/100 g. The percentage decrease in mineral content in Chinese dates fruit fruit after boiling, for iron was 50.87%, potassium 75.88%, calcium 44.25%; and 16.88% sodium.
Statistically different test of the average mineral levels of iron, potassium, calcium, and sodium using the T distribution, it can be concluded that fresh Chinese dates fruit fruit contain higher levels of iron, potassium, calcium, and sodium minerals than boiled Chinese dates fruit.
2. Khan, I.A., dan Ehab, A. Leung’s Encyclopedia of common Natural Ingredients: Used in Food, Drugs, and Cosmetics. Edisi ketiga. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons Inc. Hal. 2010; 353-354.
3. Janaswamy, S dan sigdel, A. (2020). Micro Minerals. USA: South Dakota State University. Hal. 1-2
4. Almatsier, S. Prinsip Dasar Ilmu Gizi. Jakarta: PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama. Hal. 2004; 228, 235, 249.
5. Yusuf, Y. Kimia pangan dan Gizi. Jakarta: JKG. Hal. 2020; 78, 79, 85, 86, 87.
6. Barasi, M.E. (2007). Nutrition At Glance. Penerjemah: Halim, H. (2009). At Glance Ilmu Gizi. Jakarta: Erlangga. Hal. 55.
7. Sartika, W. dan Mitayanti. (2010). Ilmu Gizi. Jakarta: Trans Info Media. Hal. 27, 28.
8. Kowalski, R. (2010). Terapi Hipertensi. Bandung: PT. Mijan Pustaka. Hal. 160.
9. Firmansyah R, Agus Mawardi H, M Umar Riandi. Mudah dan Aktif Belajar Biologi. Penerbit Pusat Perbukuan Departemen Pendidikan Nasional. Hal. 2009; 84-86.
10. Gandjar, I.G., dan Rohman, A. Kimia Farmasi Analisis. Cetakan I. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar. Hal.2013; 298, 305-307, 309, 310-312, 319.
11. Isaac, R. A. Metals in Plants. Dalam: Helrich, K. Official Methods Of The Association of Official Analytical Chemist. Edisi Kelima belas. Virginia: Association of Official Analytical Chemist International. Hal. 1990; 42.
12. Horwitz, K. Official Methods of the Association of Official Analytical Chemist. Edisi Ketujuhbelas. Arlington: AOAC International. Hal. 2000; 42.
13. Atikah. (2017). Pengaruh Oksidator dan Waktu Terhadap Yield Asam Oksalat Dari Kulit Pisang Dengan Proses oksidasi Karbohidrat. Palembang: Universitas Muhammadiyah Palembang. Hal. 3
14. Ermer, J. dan McB. Miller, J. H. (2005). Method Validation in Pharmaceutical Analysis. Weinheim: Wiley-VchVerlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. Hal. 171.
15. Ditjen POM. (2010). Farmakope Indonesia. Edisi Ketiga. Jakarta: Departemen Kesehatan RI. Hal. 650.
16. Stanica, F dan Stoli, L. (2021). Review on Some Features of the Chinese Jujube (Ziziphus jujuba Mill.). Romania: University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Bucharest. Hal. 1-2
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).