The Pattern of Hypertension Drug Utilization in Public Health Center in the Medan City
Background: Hypertension is a disease thatcan causes death as much as 12.8% worldwide. Hypertension is a silent killer that causes complications in Hypertension patients. Complications can be prevented by using anti-hypertension drugs. The aimed of this study was to describe the pattern of drug utilization in several Public health centers in Medan.
Method: This non-experimental study involved 109 hypertension patients using cross-sectional methods. Samples were collected at several health centers in August and September 2020 using convenience sampling techniques.
Result: The results showed that the single drug type that was most widely used in this study was the Calcium Channel Blocker (CaCB) group (57.8%). The most widely used combination antihypertension drugs were Calcium Channel Blocker (CaCB) and Angiotensin 2 Recep`tor Blocker (ARB) (15.6%).
Conclusion: Based on the study results, it can be concluded that the pharmacologic management of antihypertension uses a single anti-hypertension drug (monotherapy) is more than the use of combination drugs (polytherapy).
2. Aini, Q.Uji Aktivitas Pertumbuhan Rambut Kelinci Jantan dari Sediaan Hair Tonic yang Mengandung Ekstrak Etanol Daun Mangkokan (Nothopanax scutellarium L.). Jurnal Farmasi Lampung.2017; 6(2): 2
3. Nurjanah dan Krisnawati, M. Pengaruh Hair Tonic Lidah Mertua (Sanseviera Trifasciata Prain) dan Seledri (Apium Graveolens Linn) Untuk Mengurangi Rambut Rontok. Fakultas Teknik. Universitas Negeri Semarang.2014; 3(1):2.
4. Legiawati, L.Jenis Kerontokan Rambut Dan Kebotakan Pasien Poliklinik Kulit Dan Kelamin Rsupn Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo Tahun 2013; 2009-2011. Departemen Ilmu Kesehatan Kulit dan Kelamin. FK UI. 40(04):160.
5. SNI 16-4955-1998. (1998). Losio Tonik Rambut. Badan Standardisasi Nasional, Jakarta. 1-4
6. Voight, R. (1994). Buku Pelajaran Teknologi Farmasi. Edisi Kelima. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press. 170, 436.
7. Caswell, M. Sunscreen Formulation and Testing ’ smetics and toiletries magazine.2001; 116(9):52-55
8. Starch, M., Dias, T.C.A., Vervier, I., Reeth, I.V., dan Ramos, M.C.T. (2007). Expanding Silicone Technologies for Sun Care Performance Complements Aesthethics. Dow Corning Corporation. USA. 2-7
9. Suryaputra, G. (2015). Formulasi Sediaan Tabir Surya Ekstrak Air Buah Stroberi (Fragaria vesca L.) Dalam Bentuk Sediaan Krim. Surabaya: Skripsi, Fakultas Farmasi. Universitas Katolik Widya Mandala. 96.
10. Mardiana. (2011). Karakteristik Asam Lemak dan Kolesterol Rajungan (Portunus pelagicus) Akibat Proses Pengukusan. Bogor: Skripsi, Fakultas Perikanan dan Ilmu Kelautan IPB. 40
11. Landa, P., Marsik, P., Vanek, T., Rada, V., dan Kokoska, L. In Vitro Anti- Microbial Activity Of Extracts From The Callus Cultures Of Some Nigella Species. Journal Biologia Bratislava. 2006; 61(3):286-287.
12. Kristiningrum, E. Suplemen Untuk Rambut Sehat. Medical Department PT. Kalbe Farma. 2018; 45(6):454-456
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).