Synthesis of Schiff’s Bases With Simple Synthetic Approach
A series of Schiff’s bases (3A-G) were synthesized using a simple synthetic approach.0.05 mole of m-nitro aniline and aromatic aldehydes in ethanolic solution was subjected to refluxed for 2 hr to obtain pure products. All the products obtained were having excellent yield in the range of 80-90 % w/w. Products were purified using hot ethanol and reaction was monitored by hexane: ethyl acetate (60:40).
2. H. Schiff. Mittheilungen aus dem Universitats laboratorium in Pisa: eine neue reihe organischer Basen. Justus Liebigs Annalen der Chemie. 1864; 131:118–119
3. D. N. Dhar, C. L. Taploo .Schiff bases and their applications. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. 1982; 41(8):501–506
4. Hossein Haghgooie, Maryam Saket Oskoui. Synthesis and Characterization of Some New Schiff Base Ligands and Their Complexes with Cobalt (II), Nickel (II) and Copper (II). Asian Journal of Chemistry 2008; 20(8): 6081-6089
5. Muzammil K, Trivedi P, Khetani D. Synthesis and Characterization of Schiff base m-nitro aniline and their complexes. Research Journal of Chemical Sciences. 2015; 5(5):52-55,
6. K. Mounika, B. Anupama, J. Pragathi,, C. Gyanakumari . Synthesis, characterization and biological activity of a Schiff base derived from 3-ethoxy salicylaldehyde and 2-amino benzoic acid and its transition metal complexes. Journal of Scientific Research. 2010; 2(3): 513–524
7. P. Venkatesh. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of various schiff bases complexes of Zn (II) and Cu (II) ions. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences. 2011; 1(1):8–11
8. S. M. Sondhi, N. Singh, A, Kumar, O. Lozach, , L. Meijer. Synthesis, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and kinase (CDK-1, CDK-5 and GSK-3) inhibition activity evaluation of benzimidazole/benzoxazole derivatives and some Schiff’s bases. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2006; 14(11):3758– 3765
9. A. Pandey, D. Dewangan, S. Verma, A. Mishra, R. D. Dubey. Synthesis of Schiff bases of 2-amino-5-aryl-1, 3, 4-thiadiazole and its analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antitubercular activity. International Journal of ChemTech Research. 2011; 3(1):178–184
10. R. P. Chinnasamy, R. Sundararajan, S. Govindaraj . Synthesis, characterization, and analgesic activity of novel Schiff base of isatin derivatives. Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology and Research. 2010; 1(3):342–347
11. A. K. Chaubey, S. N. Pandeya. Synthesis & anticonvulsant activity (Chemo Shock) of Schiff and Mannich bases of Isatin derivatives with 2-Amino pyridine (mechanism of action) .International Journal of PharmTech Research. 2012; 4(4):590–598
12. R. Miri, N. Razzaghi-asl, and M. K. Mohammadi, : QM study and conformational analysis of an isatin Schiff base as a potential cytotoxic agent. Journal of Molecular Modeling 2013; 19(2):727–735, 2013.
13. Pier Giorgio Cozzi. Metal–Salen Schiff base complexes in catalysis practical aspects. chem.soc.rev. 2004;33:410-421.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).