Formulation and Evaluation of Vanishing Herbal Cream of Crude Drugs
The purpose of the present research work was to formulate and evaluate vanishing herbal cream. Herbal creams offer several advantages over other creams. The majority of existing creams which has prepared from drugs of synthetic origin and give extras fairness to face, but it has several side effects such as itching or several allergic reactions. Herbal creams do not have any of these side effects, without side effects it gives the fairness look to skin. Method carried out to prepare herbal cream was very simple. Firstly, oil phase was prepared, mixture of stearic acid (17%), potassium hydroxide (0.5%), sodium carbonate (0.5%) were melted at 700C. Secondly aqueous phase was prepared, mixture of alcoholic extract of crude drugs, including C. officinalis and A.indica, Turmeric, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, are commercially available as extracts and in different formulation to be used either for cosmetic purposes or for medical use. Glycerin (6%), perfume (0.5%), water (71%) heated at 70O c. Then aqueous phase was added into the oil phase at 70O c with continuous stirring. Now, once the transfer was completed it was allowed to come at room temperature all the while being stirred. Perfume was added at last just before the finished product was transferred to suitable container. The above prepared herbal cream was evaluated. The physical parameters such as pH, homogeneity by visual and by touch, appearance, wash ability, consistency, Patch test, irritancy test accelerated stability studies, type of smear were determined. Further studies are needed to investigate this formulation for its performance.
2. Pawar A, Gaud RS.Modern Dispensing Pharmacy. Career publication, Second edition, April 2005; 227.
3. Das K, Dang R, Machale MU, Ugandar RE, Lalitha BR. Evaluation for safety assessment of formulated vanishing cream containing aqueous Stevia extract for topical application. Indian Journal of Novel Drug Delivery.2012; 4(1):43-51.
4. KM Ho. Proper Choice of Base of Topical Medicaments. Medical Bulletin.2006; 11(9): 7-8.
5. Ravindra RP , Muslim PK.Comparison of physical characteristics of vanishing Cream base, cow ghee and shata-dhauta-ghrita as per pharmacopoeial standards. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences. 2013; 4(4):14- 21.
6. Ugandar RE and Deivi KS. Formulation and evaluation of natural palm oil based vanishing cream. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research.2013; 4(9):3375-3380.
7. 7.More BH, Sakharwade SN, Tembhurne SV, Sakarkar DM, Evaluation of Sunscreen activity of Cream containing Leaves Extract of Butea monosperma for Topical application. International Journal of Research in Cosmetic Science.2013; 3(1):1-6.
8. 8.Saraf S, Chhabra SK, Kaur CD,Saraf S. Development of photochemoprotective herbs containing cosmetic formulations for improving skin properties .Journal of cosmetic science, 2012; 6(3):119–131.
9. Kokate, .CK, Purohit AP, Gokhale SB. Pharmacognosy Text Book, Nirali Publication.
10. Sujith SN, Molly M ,Sreena K. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Cream containing Curcuma longa. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences, 2012; 1(4).
11. A.Vijayalakshmi, A. Tripura , V. Ravichandiran. Development and Evaluation of Anti- Acne Products from Terminalia arjuna Bark,IJCRGG 3(1):320-327.
12. Debjit B, Harish G, Kumar.B.P, Duraivel .S, Aravind. G, Sampath Kumar K. P,Medicinal Uses of Punicagranatumand Its Health Benefits.Journal ofPharmacognosy and Phytochemistry,2013; 1(5).
13. A. Premkumar, T. Muthukumaran, V. Ganesan, Shanmugam R, Priyanka DL. Formulation And Evaluation Of Cream Containing Antifungal Agents, Antibacterial Agents And Corticosteroids.Hygeia.J.D.Med, 2014; 6(2):5-16.
14. Ravindra RP , Muslim PK.Comparison of physical characteristics of vanishing Cream base.cow ghee and shata-dhautaghrita as per pharmacopoeial standards.International Journal of Pharma and BioSciences, 2013; 4(4):14 – 21.
15. Kotta KK,.Sasikanth .K, M.Sabareesh, .Formulation And Evaluation Of Diacerein Cream .Asian J Pharm Clin Res, 2011; 4(2):9398.
16. Ashish A, Mohini K ,Abhiram R. Preparation and evaluation of polyherbal cosmetic cream.Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2013; 5(1):83-88.
17. Vinod KR, Santhosha D, Anbazhagan. S.Formulation and Evaluation of PiperineCreama New Herbal Dimensional Approach for Vitiligo Patients. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci, 2011; 3(2):293.
18. Sahu AN, Jha SB ,Dubey SD.Formulation & Evaluation of Curcuminoid Based Herbal Face Cream.Indo-Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2011;1(1):77-84.
19. 19.Ashwini SD , Somishwar SK, Shweta SS. Formulation and Evaluation of Vanishing Herbal Cream of Crude Drugs. American Journal of Ethnomedicine , 2014; 1(5):313-318.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).