Critical Analysis of Covid-19 in Sikkim as On
Objective: The goal of this current short communication research was to critically analysis and systematically collect data during this pandemic situation, government strategies and their implementation to counter the pandemic virus-Novel COVID-19 within the Sikkim state and its border areas. Methods: It highlighted data obtained by the different agencies prvided by government and independent media houses. Here we highlighted data focused on factors such Home quarantin, Facility Quarantine, Triage facility, details of patients admitted, Logistic supplies and details of test for COVID-19. Result: Total cumulatative number of passengers screened were 6,03,370 at the major entrance(Rangpo check post), persons in home quarantine, Triage facility, total number of sample sent for examination and total number of sample found positive and found negative were 2954, 2, 59, 0 and 59 respectively till dated:11/04.2020. Conclusion: With the State Government's bold move towards mandatory quarantine of the population inside the state for total 40 days lockdown (including both 1st phase and 2nd phase). Sikkim reports zero COVID-19 positive cases as on 19/04/2020. These statistics are first of its kind for the communication and to keep the scientific evidence for future knowledge.
2. Savarino A, Boelaert JR, Cassone A, Majori G, Cauda R. Effects of chloroquine on viral infections: an old drug against today’s diseases? Lancet Infect Dis 2003; 3:722–727.
3. Statista.com website, [Online], Available; https://www.statista.com/statistics [Accessed on 19 April 2020].
4. Government of Sikkim official website, [Online], Available; https://sikkim.gov.in [Accessed on 22 March 2020].
5. Government of Sikkim official website, [Online], Available; https://sikkim.gov.in [Accessed on 19 April 2020].
6. The voice of Sikkim official website, [Online], Available; http://voiceofsikkim.com [Accessed on 24 March 2020].
7. Government of Sikkim official website, [Online], Aavilable; https://sikkim.gov.in [Accessed on 27 March 2020].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).