Hydrogel Activity Test from Kirinyu Leaf Ethanol Extract (Chromolaenaodorata (L.) R. King & H. Rob) and Combination of Kirinyu Leaf Ethanol Extract with Collagen As A Healing Wound Excision.
Objective: the purpose of this study was to determine the activity of the kirinyu leaf ethanol extract hydrogel preparation and the combination of the kirinyu leaf ethanol extract with collagen as a healing wound excision.
Method: This research is experimental, where the ethanol extracts of Kirinyu leaves and collagen are formulated in the form of hydrogel preparations and tested on the healing of excision wounds in rats. Testing wound healing activities were divided into 6 groups. The Group 1 (negative control) were given hydrogel base without Kirinyu leaf ethanol extract in combination with collagen, group 2 (positive control) were given Octenilin®gel, groups 3 and 4, were given hydrogel of Kirinyu leaf ethanol extract while groups 5 and 6 were given hydrogel extract of kirinyu leaves combined with collagen.
Result: The results of percent reduction in wound diameter showed that groups 3 and 4 gave significant differences compared to group 1 which began to be seen on the 10th day (p <0.05). While groups 5 and 6 gave significant differences that began to be seen on the 8th day (p <0.05).
Conclusion:Hydrogel preparation in group 6 has the most potential in healing excision wounds.
2. Barku, V.Y.A., Boye, A., and Ayaba, S. Phytochemical Screening and Assessment of Wound Healing Activity of The Leaves of Anogeissus leiocarpus. European Journal of Experimental Biology. 2013; 3(4): 18-25.
3. Yenti, R., Afrianti R., dan Sandi, M. Uji Efektivitas Krim Ekstrak Etanol Euphatorium odoratum (L) Terhadap Kerapatan Serabut Kolagen Pada Proses Penyembuhan Luka. SCIENTIA. 2013; 3(1):11-16.
4. Fratzl, P. Collagen: Structure and Mechanics. New York: Springer. 2008; 1-13.
5. Voigt, R. Buku Pelajaran Teknologi Farmasi. Penerjemah: Soendani Noerono S. Yogyakarta: UGM Press. 1995; 568.
6. Edy, H.J., Marchaban, Wahyuono, S., and Nugroho, A.E. Formulation and Evaluation of Hydrogel Containing Tagetes Erecta (L) Leaves Etanolic Extract. International Journal of Current Innovation Research. 2017; 3(3):627-630.
7. Putra, D.A.C., Lutfiyati, H., dan Pribadi, P. Efektifitas Gel Ekstrak Daun Pisang (Musa paradisiaca L.) Untuk Penyembuhan Luka. Pharmaciana. 2017; 7(2):177-184.
8. Rahmayanti, A. Ekstraksi Kolagen Dari Kulit Ikan Gabus (Channa striata) Serta Aplikasinya Untuk Skrining Dan Karakterisasi Kolagenase Bakteri Asal Indonesia. Tesis. Sekolah Pascasarjana Institut Pertanian Bogor. 2014; 1.
9. Yuliani, N.S. Efek Ekstrak Etanol Daun (Chromolaena odorata) Terhadap Kesembuhan Luka Insisi pada Tikus Sprague Dawley. Tesis. Yogyakarta: Program Studi Sain Veteriner. Universitas Gadjah Mada. 2012; 8-10:43.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).