Evaluation of Drug Management For Tuberculosis (TB) Program At Pharmaceutical Installation Public Health Department of North Sumatra Province
Objective: Drug management consists of planning, storing and distribution. It is one of the important duty of Public Health Department of North Sumatra Province. Poor drug management will give a negative impact on service quality. This research aimed to evaluate the management of drug programs for tuberculosis (TB) in 2017, 2018 and 2019 in the Public Health Department of North Sumatra Province. The research was conducted in July - September 2019.
Method: This research was descriptive with quantitative data obtained retrospectively and concurrently. Qualitative data were obtained through observations and interviews with informants. The data obtained were analyzed using indicators and compared with the results of the research.
Result: The result of the research showed that planning, storing and distributing drug for the TB program in the Public Health Department of North Sumatra Province had not fully met the indicator standards. This was indicated by the 6 indicators which had not met the standard, that were the accuracy of planning; planning deviations; level of drug supply; percentage of expired drug; Inventory Turn Over Ratio (ITOR); the average time of drug vacancies and the percentage of dead drug stock and 3 indicators had met the standards, which were the percentage of expired drugs, the structuring system of drugs and the matching of the number of real goods with stock.
Conclusion: the conclusion of this research is drug planning of Public Health Department of North Sumatra Province uses consumption method of previous period. Storage of drugs uses the FIFO/FEFO system. Drug distribution in the North Sumatra Provincial Health Office is based on requests from the District/City.
2. Depkes RI. Pedoman Pengelolaan Obat Publik dan Perbekalan Kesehatan. Ditjen Pelayanan Kefarmasian dan Alat Kesehatan. 2000: 7.
3. Pramukantoro, G.E. and Sunarti. Evaluasi Pengelolaan Obat di Instalasi Farmasi Dinas Kesehatan Kota Surakarta Tahun 2015. Jurnal Farmacy Indonesia. 2015; 15(1):50-59.
4. Kemenkes RI.Materi Pelatihan Manajemen Kefarmasian di Instalasi Farmasi Kabupaten Kota. Kementerian Kesehatan RI. and Japan International Coorperation Agency (JICA). 2010: 28-32.
5. Pudjaningsih, D. Pengembangan Indikator Efisiensi Pengelolaan Obat di Farmasi Rumah Sakit. Universitas Gadjah Mada. Program Pasca Sarjana. Fakultas Kedokteran. 1996: 40.
6. Djatmiko, M. Evaluasi Sistem Pengelolaan Obat Instalasi Perbekalan Farmasi Dinas Kesehatan Kota Semarang tahun2007. Jurnal Ilmu Farmasi dan Farmasi Klinik. 2009.
7. Wati W., Fudholi A., and Pamudji G. Evaluasi Pengelolaan obat dan strategi perbaikan dengan metode hanlon di Instalasi Farmasi Rumah Sakit Tahun 2012. Jurnal Manajemen dan Pelayanan Farmasi.2013:283-290
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
AUTHORS WHO PUBLISH WITH THIS JOURNAL AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).